Event Location: Michigan State University
• Day One Venue: MSU Campus, Wells Hall, B Block, Room B342
• Coffee, tea, and pastries/bagels and fruit will be provided in the morning on both days.
• Lunch will be provided both days and will include options for folks who are vegetarian and gluten-free.
• Day One attendees are invited to join us for dinner (location TBA) covered by Reclaim Hosting.
Getting to MSU:
• The closest airport to fly into is Lansing (LAN), which is a 15-minute drive from campus. The Detroit airport (DTW) has many more flights, however, including low-cost carriers, and may be recommended so as to avoid layovers in the unpredictable February weather. There is a shuttle that runs between DTW, Ann Arbor, and East Lansing, which costs $84 round trip (Michigan Flyer).
• If you are planning to rent a car, also note that the Grand Rapids and Flint airports are also less than an hour from East Lansing.
• MSU’s list of recommended hotels can be found here.
Parking on Campus
• Located south of the Red Cedar River, Lot 62w is very close to the MSU Main Library. The parking rate is $0.90 per half hour for visitors, higher than the rates in downtown East Lansing. This lot only accepts cash payment.
• Located on West Circle Drive, Ramp 6 is somewhat close to the MSU Library – about a 3-5 minute walk. Visitors may park here using only available “Pay By Plate” spots. The machine accepts multiple forms of payment, including cash, coins, and credit cards, however it does not make change. You can also pay and extend your time using the Spot On app.
Parking in Downtown East Lansing
• Across Grand River Ave., there are plenty of parking options including the Albert Ave. Lot, the Grove St. Garage, the Charles St. Garage, the Division St. Garage, and the Bailey St. Lot. These attended parking options run at the rate of $0.75 per half hour. More information can be found using the City of East Lansing’s Downtown Parking page.